Here is the latest information for Lakeland Electric customers:
- The Lakeland Electric Call Center will be open Monday from noon to 8 p.m. (with a possible extension to 11p.m.) to handle storm related calls only. Any calls related to billing and associated topics (existing payment plans, cut-offs related to lack of payments, etc.) will be deferred until our normal Call Center operations re-commence.
- The LE Lobby will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
- When asked about statuses and timelines for outages, customers can check out Lakeland Electric website’s new Outage Map: https://lakelandelectric.com/outagemap.
- We are not turning power off before the storm hits (some power companies do this in areas prone to flooding; Lakeland Electric does not have areas like this and therefore it isn’t part of our standard operation).
- We recommend our Medical Essential Customers go to medical shelters as we cannot guarantee them power in an emergency situation.
- Lakeland Electric is ready – we have plenty of transformers, gas, mutual aid workers and tree trimmers if need be, etc.
- Lakeland Electric “Post-Storm Reports” will be sent to you at 9 a.m., 4 p.m., and 9 p.m. once the storm passes.
Stay safe, and stay informed!